The Pomodoro Technique simplifies time and task management with a single, simple tool: a timer.
Follow these steps to maximize your work sessions with the Pomodoro Technique:
- Choose your timer. The Pomodoro Technique is based on the tomato-shaped kitchen timer, but any timer will do.
- Track your sessions. Use a sticky note, notepad, scratch paper, or your computer. Use checkboxes or scratch marks to track each session you complete.
- Set your timer for 25-minutes. While the timer is ticking, work without distractions.
- When the timer goes off, stop and take a break. Your break should last at least 5-minutes but should be kept short.
- After completing four successful Pomodoro sessions, take a longer break. Now is a good time for a 30-minute break, a snack, or even a short nap to recharge.
- Repeat with sets of four sessions until your project or work-day is done.
Did you find this useful? Please share it with someone else who will enjoy it too!